In fall 2013, Christ Church began to be more intentional about its ministry to those who are aged 55 and older. Some of the needs and wants that have emerged during the assessment phase are:
- transportation for homebound and/or visually impaired seniors who either cannot drive at all or are limited to driving during the daytime
- day trips or other organized group activities
- a regular, weekly exercise class, such as chair yoga or Tai Chi, in the Parish House
- a technology class on learning how to use Facebook, email, etc.
- a spiritual gifts inventory
- a guided retreat at a location such as Honey Creek
With staff support, a steering committee of interested parishioners is currently being assembled to provide leadership and vision for this ministry.